Friday, April 5, 2013

MAINTAINING YOUR STRAIGHT NATURAL HAIR... BANTU KNOT OUT PICTORIAL.. CURLBOX PRODUCTS

HEY LOVES,


Its been a week since I've been to the salon and my hair is still LAID FOR THE GODS!!!!!!! I was so worried about my edges betraying me before Easter Sunday that I borrowed a flat iron from my little cuzzin -- i didn't use it!
Before church...

I kept my hair wrapped unless I was going outside. It was soooooooooooooo hot in that chuch that I have been rocking a ponytail since Sunday afternoon. The Mr. Mr. even commented that I was looking like a joint with my pony -lol!
After church.. ponytail



As far as my hair is concerned it still feels smooth and silky -- I haven't seen any LIL bits of hair in the sink and I've been staying away from styling tools as much as I can considering straight hair needs to b combed

IN THE MORNING..
Every morning I've put on a lil of my oil mix to the outside and the length of my ponytail then use my boar brush to smooth any fly aways

AT NIGHT..
Every night before bed I tie my hair up with a scarf and cover it with my bonnet in case my scarf slips off

STYLING..
After the initial salon bounce wore off I was rocking a ponytail - very low maintenance and I wasn't really worried about my edges reverting at this point. I decided to try a Bantu knot out since my hair is stretched..


PRODUCTS USED:


  • Cantu Shea Butter Coconut Curling Cream
  • Dark & Lovely Au Naturale 10-in-1 Styles Gelee 
  • Creme of Nature Perfect Edges with Argan Oil
  • Bobby pins

I set my hair on Tuesday and I took the knots down Wednesday morning..




DUCK LIPS IN MY PIC!


My hair had great bounce.It did not revert back and I did not experience too much shrinkage. This has been the only way i have ever successfully done a Bantu knot out!

The next post is gonna be about reverting back to curly.. Seeing if there is any heat damage.. OH! and I'm trying a beer rinse for the first time!

C u girls in the next post..






No comments:

Post a Comment