Monday, January 13, 2014

HOW-TO.. WASH & CONDITION BASICS 101.. NATURAL HAIR HOW-TO..

AM I THE LAST NATURAL IN THE WORLD THAT DOESN'T WASH THEIR HAIR IN THE SHOWER???????????


I've grown up having my hair washed in my kitchen sink..

Stick your head under the water and hope your momma doesn't drown you.

So up until last month that was the way I always washed my hair.

There are a few problems with this method -- it takes forever to get my whole head wet! IDC how many sections or how I move my head it just doesn't get the amount of water I need for the amount of hair I have and then I seem to always miss a spot! y'all have no idea how many times I've thought I was done only to find a patch still covered in conditioner #sadderday

So enough was enough and I needed to get my big head in the shower.

I made a trip to my favorite store (family dollar)  - a local discount store - and I found the smallest mesh drain cover I could for one dollar... I AM NOT ABOUT THAT CLOGGED DRAIN LIFE!

Now there are definitely some drawbacks to washing your hair in the shower..

  1. The hair -- shed hairs have to go somewhere! And they do go EVERYWHERE! Gross.. Really really gross..
  2. My shower is twice as long now... Wasted water and maybe an impatient boyfriend on the other side of the door 
  3. shampoo/conditioner in my eyes -- I might just be a clutz cuz none of the YouTube guru's ever have this problem
  4. My whole body is wet -- OK! This sounds weird but sometimes I just wanna get in there, wash and condish and GET OUT...  now I'm soaking wet, I'm wetting up the floor and I need an extra towel

 In this last month I've learned some things that seem to help me out.


  • START OFF WITH AT LEAST 6 SECTIONS
  • DEEP CONDITION B4 YOU HOP IN THE SHOWER
  • HAVE UR WIDE TOOTHED COMB HANDY 
  • DETANGLE UNDER THE WATER STREAM 
  • TWIST/CLIP/PIN HAIR OUT OF THE WAY
  • RE-RINSE TO MAKE SURE ALL PRODUCT IS OUT 
If you need any video references naptural85 has a really good one on YouTube.. My hair seems much curlier since I've switched from the sink to the shower. Stay tuned for more HOW-TO's and BASICS 101.. PRODUCT REVIEWS and RECIPES!



GOOD LUCK.. STAY CURLY!

No comments:

Post a Comment