Saturday, December 1, 2012

HAIR CHALLENGE!!!!!!!!

CHECK CHECK CHECK IT OUT...

It is December 1st and everyone is in that holiday "new year new me" mode and with that comes new challenges.

A few weeks ago I signed up for a Castor Oil 3 month hair challenge with kinkycurlycoilyme.com it started today and will run until March 1st. You ladies still have time to sign up and register for the challenge if your interested!

I know for me, I want the most awesome curly fro I can possibly handle and taking really good care of it is a part of that.

So the challenge consist of checking in weekly for questions and feedback with other naturals AND committing yourself to using Castor Oil at least three times a week during the three months.

BUT WHY CASTOR OIL??? Y THIS CHALLENGE???

Castor Oil is an excellent humectant for skin and hair. It helps with thinning hair and hair loss, and it prevents dry scalp.

I will be using Jamaican Black Castor Oil during this challenge for 2 reasons..

  1.  I already have it in my cabinet
  2.  This form of Castor Oil is raw and has kept most of its good stuff!
I still plan to weave up my natural hair some time in the next few weeks so that may prove to be a challenge for keeping up with the Castor Oil.. 

Right Now..

I am sealing my ends with my Castor Oil Mix
Massaging my scalp & edges
Pre-Poo'ing with a hot oil mix

After my install..

I can probably keep up with the last two from above but I have to come up with another use for it UNLESS I spritz with water and oil in between my tracks for extra moisture and sealing at the same damn time!


HERE IS MY CASTOR OIL MIX:

CASTOR OIL
OLIVE OIL 
ROSEMARY OR LAVENDER (for smell) 

Use equal parts of everything and shake! TA-DAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

I will check in with you dolls as often as possible and keep you up to date on the progress



No comments:

Post a Comment