Tuesday, January 15, 2013

CURLBOX UNBOXING

Its that time of the month ladies...  NO! not THAT time silly...


If your natural, a professed product junkie, and on any social network then you already know -- CURLBOX BABY!!!!!!!!!


JANUARY CURLBOX

Even with my protective style still installed I am excited about this box. Soooooooooooo lets get started

The mag card is super cute -- it is my dream that @myleik and the @curlbox crew will see me on instagram and pick me for one if their covers *squeals* I can just imagine it now. Anyway, honey is serving on the cover and the inside tells all about the products

IN THIS BOX:
  • Evolve 100% boar bristle brush
  • Elentee soy organics twist & lock gel
  • Oyin Handmade hair dew
  • Cream of Nature argan oil perfect edges
  • Cream of Nature argan oil intensive condtioning treatment
  • Cream of Nature argan oil sulfate free shampoo
  • Mizani true textures curl soft leave-in creme 
FIRST: I already purchased and tried the Cream of Nature products because my mom kept raving about them; those are gonna go in the stash box for emergencies or when my thieving cousins come over looking for things to try. I like them all but the star of the show is the Cream of Nature perfect edges -- that stuff is the truth.com! slick edges without crunch or that nasty greasy look some edge controls leave behind.

UP NEXT: Oyin Handmade hair dew -- super happy about this product! It says "This lightweight, daily hair quenching lotion refreshes like a morning mist! Great to use on just - cleansed hair, or as a way to reinvigorate tired hair." 

OYIN HANDMADE HAIR DEW.. 2OZ SAMPLE


I went online to check out the ingredients and they are..

purified water, Castor oil, olive oil, organic aloe vera gel, behentrimonium methosulfate (emulsifier), coconut oil, olive squalane, optiphen (preservative), cetyl alcohol, fragrance, and love!


So for all of you curlies following the curly girl method and want to stay away from cones this product line could be for you. Check out the site for full product information www.oyinhandmade.com

I am going to use this on my leave out  RIGHT NOW and if I fall in love then I will order after I take my hair out -- expect a full review!

AND THEN WE HAVE: Elentee soy organics twist and lock gel! 

ELENTEE SOY ORGANICS TWIST & LOCK GEL

LET ME BE CLEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THERE IS NOTHING ORGANIC ABOUT THIS PRODUCT.... OK! OK! OK! It has water in it -- water is organic.. If you are a natural who stays away from silicone's -- this is not the product for u! If you are a natural who tries to at least be able to pronounce every ingredient in your product -- this is not the product for u! If you are a natural who does not like glycerin -- I repeat this is not the product for u!

The ingredient list reads something like this -- water, science stuff, science stuff, silicone, silicone, glycerin, yadda yadda yadda yadda 

I would not normally try this but since most of my hair is braided and the only hair I have to play with is my leave out right now I will give this a twirl. All of these cones could be cool for "shine", laying down fly aways,  and overall hold since it is a gel!

OH! THE BRUSH! 

I don't use styling tools.. I am a finger detangling kind of girl and the only time I ever need a brush is for ponytails but this brush will replace my old one..  The 100% boar bristles are much better for my hair than that plastic junk I have under the cabinet now!

Next month is the curlbox 1st birthday and if you aren't on the list I'm sure that would be an awesome box to get -- I will come back and let you know if they open up the list anytime this month so you can get in on the madness! As always follow them on instagram at @curlbox or the CEO @myleik and check out their website curlbox.com

C you girls after I've tried some of these things!

Stay blessed..

Follow us: @metrocitycurly





No comments:

Post a Comment