Thursday, October 18, 2012

HENNA BABY!

OK... I'm back and today I am going to henna my hair for the very first time *squeals* If you read my post from yesterday then you know that this month I received a box of henna in my CurlBox.

Henna is a natural flowering plant used since the days of Moses to dye skin, hair, furniture and wool.

Henna is an amazing conditioning treatment for natural hair, similar to a protein treatment. It penetrates the hair shaft and binds with the keratin in the hair. Henna fills in the rough spots on the cuticle, leaving your hair feeling smoother and stronger.

SOOOOOOOOOOO IS IT A DYE?? IS IT A PROTEIN TREATMENT??

You are not dying your hair. Henna can NOT lighten your hair! The plant releases a brown/reddish tint onto skin -- there are no chemicals so plzzzzzzzzzzzz do not expect fiery red hair after an application. If you see any color change it will be subtle and more than likely only visible in direct sunlight.


My box included: 


  • Reshma Femme 2oz. 100% natural henna
  • pair of gloves 
  • Reshma Femme haïr oil


The instructions seem simple enough --


  1. Pour the Reshma Henna powder into a bowl. 
  2. Gradually add water and hair oil. 
  3. Mix thoroughly into a thick creamy, paste-like consistency and let sit 1-3 hours. 
  4. WEAR GLOVES to protect against staining. 
  5. Apply paste to hair evenly. Leave in for 1-3 hours. 
  6. Rinse well until water runs clear.
  7. shampoo and condition.


Right now my henna is resting in a bowl for the next 3hours..

WARNING: OH! DO NOT USE ANY METAL OR HOT WATER!!! 

The metal can activate the paste and the hot water could cook your henna and impair the results. I added equal parts water and lemon juice to my henna -- it was suggested if I wanted to get the most color pay off!

After a little research I've found that some naturals complain of dryness so to combat this I picked up Nothing But "intense healing mask" to deep condition after my henna treatment. I will probably deep condition for a few hours and style tomorrow depending on what time I go to bed tonight.

I'll be sure to take pics of the whole process and post them tomorrow for you. STAY TUNED!!!!!

HAVE YOU EVER HENNA'D????? WHAT WAS YOUR EXPERIENCE????



No comments:

Post a Comment