Friday, October 19, 2012

MY HENNA EXPERIENCE!!!!

So last night was my henna experiment... 

First off, THE SMELL.. y'all know how fresh cut grass smells? or cooked green peas? Well imagine that sitting in your hair for 3 hours.. It isn't horrible --like get this shit out my hair -- but who really wants to smell like cooked smashed up green peas???? EXACTLY!

Aside from the smell, it wasn't that bad. I covered my bathroom with towels in case there was some splatter and I didn't even make that much mess. 

I will say that the 2oz of henna was not enough for all of my hair and I added some conditioner to the mix just to make sure I didn't run out of the green goop.





HENNA, LEMON JUICE, WATER, HAIR OIL

THREE SECTIONS AND GREASED EDGES

ALL MIXED UP & READY TO GO


 ARGGGGH!!!!!!!!!!!


OK! So after the henna was finished doing its henna magic I had to rinse thoroughly.. and then rinse again! 

I don't know what I was expecting from this box of dirt but something magical should have happened.

NOTHING! I didn't see any color.. My hair didn't feel like butter..  It doesn't feel stronger.. It doesn't look smoother.. I'm not sure if the henna penetrated my hair shaft OR bonded with the keratin in my cuticle.. The only thing I was able to "tint" was my thumb.. NOTHING HAPPENED! It was a six hour process of mixing, resting, applying and waiting and I don't even notice a damn difference... To say I am a just a teeny tiny bit disappointed is an understatement..

I deep conditioned right after, overnight with my Nothing But "intense healing mask" and just proceeded as usual this morning with my regular wash day routine. My leave-in of choice was Giovanni's "direct leave-in" and I braided up my hair using the African Pride "Shea butter miracle" bouncy curls pudding. Perhaps after my hair dries and I take these braids out I'll experience the henna magic but for now *SHRUGS*

No comments:

Post a Comment