Tuesday, March 5, 2013

THE FRO IS BACK -- WEAVE TAKEDOWN

SHE IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

YES LADIES THE BEAST IS BACK... AND GOSH SHE HAS GROWN!

FLASHBACK: (2 WEEKS AGO)

So 1st things 1st -- the lady who put my weave in took it out bcuz I am not about that track life..

The process included the take down, detangling, deep conditioning, shampoo, condition and detangle again... I know it sounds like A LOT but after almost 3 months (10wks) she needed that extra TLC.

WHAT DID YOU USE TO DEEP CONDITION???


  •  Mixed Chicks deep conditioner -- nourish, detangle and restore your thirsty locks.. I found this product while I had my weave in and honestly aside from some of the "NO NO" ingredients it does exactly what it says

DETANGLING?? CONDITIONER?? SHAMPOO??

  • AS I AM coconut co-wash cream cleanser 
  • Tresemme Naturals Conditioner
  • Kinky Kurly Come Clean Shampoo

For the next few days I wore two strand twists to school and then took them out for the wknd..







FAST FORWARD TO LAST WKND:

I decided to try out the perm-rod trend going on right now on YouTube. I studied my faves Charyjay and Fusionofcultures for inspiration and headed straight to the beauty supply store..

PRODUCTS USED:
  • ECOSTYLER OLIVE OIL GEL
  • 8 PACKS OF COLD WAVE RODS 
          2 gray packs (24 rods) 2 white packs (24 rods) 4 pink packs (48 rods)
  • CURLS - KUKULNUT OIL ELIXIR


I decided to roll up my hair on dry hair since I didn't have that much time to wait for my hair to dry. I started to set my hair at 4pm and I'm not sure if my head is really big or if all this new hair is just too much for me but I didn't finish rolling my hair up until 7:30!!!!!!!!! 

3hrs and 30mins later I kinda looked like a martian.. Sleeping with the rods isn't as bad as sleeping with flexi rods but it isn't very comfortable either!

NOTE TO SELF: SEARCH FOR COMFORTABLE ROLLERS

ANYWAY...

 Sunday morning it was time for church and time to separate and fluff!


I'll be back this wknd with a length check for you dolls that are keeping up. 




No comments:

Post a Comment