Thursday, March 28, 2013

U DID WHAT??? STRAIGHTENED NATURAL HAIR.. BLOW OUT! FLAT IRON!

I DID IT!!  I FINALLY DID IT!!  I HAD MY HAIR PROFESSIONALLY STRAIGHTENED!! 
*gag sigh & faint*


I know this comes as a shock to most of you -- hell it is a shock for me too -- but its done and I'm happy about it.

I've been thinking about it for a few weeks and today I decided to bite the bullet and just do it! I haven't had straight hair since *jeopardy music* I cant even remember! Its been that long.. And the last time I put any type of heat on my hair was back in July for my birthday 
July 2012

I had a weave in and I let my stylist blow it out for me so of course she had to blow my leave out too! I stay away from heat -- until today 


THE PROCESS...


I applied my deep conditioner before I left for the salon.. 

2hrs later it was time to wash & condition. 

I am the neurotic kind of customer that brings her own products and I'm like "UH_HUH Don't put That in my HAIR!!" I've been there enough times that the shampoo girl doesn't talk about me anymore

After the conditioner she went to detangle my hair and y'all 

*side eye* I wanted to slap the pee out of her!

Like.. 

MISS DO YOU SEE ALL THIS HAIR???? 

DO YOU THINK THAT LIL ASS COMB IS GONNA GET THROUGH ALL THIS HAIR????  

She lucky she don't speak no English!


I had her apply my Dr. Miracles Blow Out Foam heat protectant that I received in this month's CURLBOX and she rolled my hair with those magnetic rollers.. 

All I'm gonna say is THAT DRYER IS THE DEVIL!!!!! IDK how you girls go through that every week -- OMG! I turned mine down at least two times and still kept the lil door thingy open
OH-EM-GEE!!


My home girl -- Spanish mommy -- OLGA *hey girl* hooked a sista up! I pulled out my Tresemme Thermal Creations heat protectant and Olga went to town on this head.

 I had her turn the blow dryer down to medium and I only allowed her to blow the roots. I got a trim and then she let me go!

All in all I am very happy with the way my hair turned out. Will I go back on a regular basis and let them blow my hair out??? HELL NO!!!!!!!! I love love love love my curly fro and all that heat can not b good for any one's hair -- relaxed or natural!

LEMME TELL YOU WHAT I NOTICED...


There are A LOT of bald headed Spanish women too!
Spanish girls wear weaves and get relaxers too!
Natural hair is some form of leprosy in a beauty salon -- you would think they never saw a head of curly hair
The health of your hair is nvr discussed or taking into consideration -- everyone gets the same hot ass dryer, hot ass blow dryer, flat iron, curling iron and pins -- UNLESS you specify otherwise 

STRAIGHT HAIR ROUTINE???


Ummmm right now I don't really have one except stay away from all water (shower, rain, steam,sweat) Try not to sweat out my edges and nvr go to bed without my scarf and bonnet!




STRAIGHT HAIR DONT CARE


ARE YOU WORRIED ABOUT HEAT DAMAGE???


I AM TERRIFIED THAT I AM GOING TO WASH MY HAIR AND MY FRO WON'T COME BACK! 

I am also optimistic -- I used TWO HEAT PROTECTANTS AND TWO DIFFERENT LEAVE-IN'S. 

Both heat protectants offer protection for up to 450 degrees soooooooo *crosses fingers and toes* 

Pray for me y'all..



2 comments:

  1. So was your hair okay. Email me I really want to know?
    Ebthebarbie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HEY.... Yes my hair was fine - if you look at my post back in April I did an update about reverting back to curly and how I maintained my straight hair for as long as I did... I hope that helps

      Delete