Monday, March 18, 2013

TWIST AND CURL TUTORIAL

Wanna know how I got from this..


To this...


Keep reading..

Friday evening I washed my hair --  I actually used the Aztec Healing Clay mask on my hair -- so I cleansed my hair, deep conditioned, detangled and slapped in those oh so attractive Ms. Ceely twist.. 

I didn't put anything in my hair except Mixed Chicks Leave-In and EVOO. I let it air dry overnight and half of the whole next day.

Saturday afternoon around 5 I decided to style my hair for church the following day and all I could think of was a TWIST & CURL!  I've seen them all over YouTube and Instagram -- every other natural hair guru is doing it and I am no exception..

PRODUCTS USED:
Cantu Shea Butter Coconut Curling Cream
Ecostyler Olive oil gel
Purple/Pink perm rods

This hairstyle is exactly what it sounds like - a two strand twist with a curl at the end. EASY!! Your parts do not have to be straight but make sure you use two equal size pieces -- NO SHARING!! 

 Because my hair was already dry I didn't have to worry about it being damp in the morning. I was able to separate each twist two times w/o losing my definition. 

My hair is super bouncy! It has great definition and no crunch. I've been rocking my zebra print bonnet to sleep so hopefully this style will last me until my next wash day..

Here's a few pics from Instagram! 


@metrocitycurly


Let me know if you like this style or if you have tried others like it... 





No comments:

Post a Comment