Tuesday, August 21, 2012

HOMEMADE DEEP CONDITIONER

In keeping with the last post,  I thought it would be fitting to share my homemade deep conditioner.. There are a few varieations for this conditioner since my hair calls for different things at different times..

HOW OFTEN DO YOU DEEP CONDITION????


I deep condition EVERY WASH DAY!!!!!!!!!!! It is essential for my hair -- I have tried to skip a week and have noticed a difference in the way my hair feels.


IN WHAT ORDER DO YOU DEEP CONDITION?????


I rinse my hair with warm water, apply my DC, rinse, co-wash, rinse, apply black tea rinse, rinse again!

LOL!!!!!!!! Just writing it all out looks extensive but I've adapted my routine to my needs and it works for me.


SOOOOOOOOOOOO WHATS IN IT??????



  • Plain Greek yogurt
  • 2 egg yolks
  • three caps of lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons of honey
  • essential oil of choice (peppermint)
  • carrier oil of choice (coconut)
  • 2 tablespoons of EVOO
SPECIAL ADD-INS INCLUDE:
  • avocados or bananas (extra moisture)

It has taken me almost this entire natural journey to come up with the perfect homemade DC.. It has just the right oils, the right amount of protein and the yogurt is a gentle cleanser.

No comments:

Post a Comment